Vermont Fireworks Law & Jay Vol Fire Dept Permit Application


Specifically permitted:

Sparklers less than 14” long with no more than 20 grams of pyrotechnic mixture. Novelty sparkling items limited to snakes, party poppers,glow worms, smoke devices, string poppers,snappers, or drop pops with no more than 0.25 grains of explosive mixture, and that are in compliance with CPSC regulations.

Specifically prohibited

Firecrackers, skyrockets, roman candles, torpedoes, and daygo bombs.

Display permit: Apply to local authorities, Jay Volunteer Fire Chief,  at least 15 days before display date

Insurance: No amount specified in state law but may be required by local authorities.

Operator: No license specifically required in state law butdisplay must be under competent operator approved by local authorities in area where display is to be held.


Jay Volunteer Fire Chief, Jeff Morse, 802.309.0645,

Department of Fire Safety
Division of Fire Safety
1311 US Route 302-Berlin, Suite 600
Barre, VT 05641-2351
Phone: 604-364-1081

Acts of General Assembly No. 93, 1953

Updated: 6/08


Home | Business Directory | Community News | Community Services & Useful Links | Calendar of Events | Jay Community Recreational Centre (JCRC) | Jay Focus Group | Recycle | Town Government | Quick Links to On-line Applications, Forms, Registration, Town Report | Contact Us, Map & Directions