Report Child Abuse

If you suspect that a child is being abused or neglected, call 1-800-649-5285 to report it.  The 24-hour VT Child Protection Line makes it easy for you to share your concerns about a child with a trained social worker.

Your call could protect a child, get help for a family, and may even save a child’s life.

Who must report child abuse?

  • Chiropractor, dentist, licensed practical nurse, medical examiner, mental health professional, osteopath, physician, physician’s assistant, psychologist, pharmacist, registered nurse, surgeon, or any other health care provider
  • Hospital administrator, intern, or resident physician in any hospital in the state
  • School guidance counselor, librarian, principal, superintendent, or teacher
  • Child care worker
  • Police officer or probation workers
  • Social worker
  • Member of the clergy
  • Residential and non-residential camp administrator, counselor, or owner
  • As of January 1, 2009, emergency medical personnel (24 V.S.A.) and any individual regularly employed by a school district or contracted and paid by a school district to provide student services for five or more hours per week during the school year.


Home | Business Directory | Community News | Community Services & Useful Links | Calendar of Events | Jay Community Recreational Centre (JCRC) | Jay Focus Group | Recycle | Town Government | Quick Links to On-line Applications, Forms, Registration, Town Report | Contact Us, Map & Directions